ULTRAcel is a revolutionary skin tightening and rejuvenation treatment for the face and neck.
What is ULTRAcel?
ULTRAcel is a non-surgical technique that resurfaces, tightens and lifts the skin on the face and neck. A handheld device is passed over the surface of the skin.
How does ULTRAcel work?
The ULTRAcel device combines High Frequency Ultrasound with Radio Frequency to target different layers of your skin. It works on the skin and the deeper tissues in the dermis, encouraging the body’s own healing and regeneration processes.
ULTRAcel increases the collagen density and collagen and elastin production, leaving it looking smoother, healthy and more youthful.
What conditions can be treated with ULTRAcel?
The device lifts, firms and tightens the skin on the face and neck. This includes the delicate eye area and the area around the mouth.
It is also very effective on acne and acne scarring, and enlarged pores.
Why is ULTRAcel different to other devices?
ULTRAcel combines three technologies in one device: Grid Fractional Radiofrequency (GFR), High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (FUS) and Fractional Radiofrequency Microneedling (FRM).
GFR is used in combination with FUS in one treatment.
FRM can be a standalone treatment, or used in combination with GFR and FUS.
GFR & FUS Treatment
- The GFR uses targeted heat to smooth the collagen in the skin, and also to stimulate collagen production. The FUS uses ultrasound thermal heat energy to tighten and contract fibres in the deeper, SMAS layer of the skin. This is usually only reachable through surgery.
- Most patients may experience an immediate collagen contraction – it’s sometimes known as the “Cinderella Facelift”
- The treatment also stimulates the growth of collagen, giving longer-term improvements in skin tone.
- You will feel a sensation of heat and a prickling sensation but anaesthetic is not usually required
- There is minimal downtime. You may experience some soreness in the skin for up to three weeks, as it heals
- FRM used to be known as INTRAcel. It is a dermal microneedling technique that also uses fractional radio frequency to heat the deep dermis, encouraging the production of collagen and elastin.
- You will feel a sensation of heat and prickling. A topical local anaesthetic is used to ensure your comfort. The levels of treatment can be adjusted to suit you
- Your skin can be red following treatment, which is normal and usually resolves within one to two days.
- For best results, three treatments are recommended at intervals of a month
- Results will depend on the programme devised by your therapist, and the condition of your skin before treatment.
You can view “Before and After” images on the ULTRAcel UK website by clicking on the picture below:
How long do the results last?
ULTRAcel encourages an increase in collagen and elastin production. The best results will continue for six months or more, and may last for up to 18 months or even longer. This may vary from patient to patient.
Is ULTRAcel safe?
ULTRAcel must be carried out by a trained professional. An initial consultation with Dr. Mayoni is an essential part of the treatment process. Here you can discuss all the details and any possible side effects.
Please note that ULTRAcel treatment is not suitable for those with pacemakers or defibrillators, or during pregnancy or breastfeeding. It is also not suitable for diabetics or patients with auto immune disease, or those undergoing accutane treatment.
You should also let Dr. Mayoni know if you have any cosmetic tattoos, such as permanent makeup, piercings or if you have had any injectable fillers.
What after care is needed?
- It is very important to use sunscreen following treatment to protect the skin as it heals, and for several weeks post-treatment.
- Makeup can be applied after 24 hours.
- Aloe vera gel can be applied following treatment.
How can I find out more?
The first step is to book in for a full consultation with Dr. Mayoni. This lasts for around 30 minutes, allowing plenty of time for you to talk through the treatment and your expectations in detail. A full consultation is priced at £40. If you have any further questions, or would like to book in for a consultation, please contact us.
You can also visit the ULTRAcel website here.