We have made careful plans for reopening our clinics after the coronavirus lockdown, to ensure we are ready to reopen as soon as that is possible. We have taken guidance from the NHS and will implement every possible step to ensure the safety of our clients and of our staff. Here is what you can expect when you next contact us for an appointment. You will also receive full details in your booking email:
Protecting our patients and our team
- Each member of our team will have their temperature checked on arrival. They will change into their uniform and/or scrubs at work
- Staff will wash their hands regularly and before and after all contact with patients. They will wear appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment) according to need, for example goggles, mask and gloves in the reception area, and full PPE for prolonged or face-to-face procedures
- PPE will be carefully removed and disposed of as clinical waste
- All areas of the clinics will be cleaned regularly, using a powerful virucidal/bacterial disinfectant on all door handles and shared surfaces
- Only one team member will be in the reception area at any one time to allow for 2m social distancing. We will have fewer staff at the clinics than usual, so please be patient with us! It would be helpful if you can use our online booking facility wherever possible
- We will further maximise safety by opening our Crystal Palace clinic as well as our Honor Oak clinic
- We will no longer accept cash payments
Encouraging online visits and home delivery
- Wherever possible we will recommend a virtual consultation rather than a face-to-face appointment. There will be signs outside our clinics explaining this
- Remember that we can arrange home delivery of products, too – contact us to find out more
- Appointments will be timed so that no more than one client is at a clinic or in the waiting area at any one time. For this reason, we kindly ask that you do not arrive early for your appointment
- In order to protect our patients and staff, we ask that anyone who has had a cough or temperature or been diagnosed with Covid-19 in the last 14 days does not attend for an appointment. We will be understanding if you need to rearrange at short notice
- When you arrive for your appointment, we will greet you with a warm smile rather than a handshake or a hug! We will check your temperature, and ask you to wash your hands and use sanitising hand gel on arrival and departure. You will also be asked to wear a face mask, which we can provide.
As you will appreciate, fewer appointments and extra equipment means that our business costs have increased. We will do our best to pass on as little of this as possible to our patients, but please note that some of our costs may be subject to change. Don’t forget that we have various finance options available via Omnifinance and GoCardless so please don’t hesitate to contact us to find out more.
Rest assured that Dr Mayoni and the team have consulted carefully to ensure our clinics operate to the very highest standards of safety. Taking these steps will make sure we keep each other safe. Thank you for your support, and please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions about any of the above.
We have opened up a waiting list for those who would like to advance book their first appointment: contact us if you would like to do this.
Many thanks, stay safe.
Dr Mayoni and the team at The Clinic.